An opportunity for earlybird involvement in Wistow Ecovillage – an exciting Adelaide hills sustainable residential project.
- 10 minutes from Mt Barker and adjacent to Wellington Rd. Wistow, South Australia
- 30 sustainable homes and community gardens developed as an ecovillage
- Expression of interest is now being sought from individuals, co-housing groups, share-housing groups, multi-generational households, co-operatives, community land trusts and other organisations who may want to buy, build or live at Wistow Ecovillage (WE).
- If you have an interest in environmentally responsible living, multi-generation community and a life of expanded social opportunities, you are invited to get involved in the pre-development phase of the project as an ‘earlybird’.
- LNB coordinates orientation and other events so that people have opportunities to get involved and a sense of community is generated from the get-go.
Estimated project development schedule
- 2018 Planning and innovation, approvals. Earlybird land sales and community development.
- 2019 Engineering and infrastructure construction. Demonstration homes. Ongoing land sales, ongoing community development. Establishing some community resources.
- 2020 Home building can commence.
Who can buy land at Wistow Ecovillage?
YOU! The project is intended to suit people who are conscious of treading more lightly on the planet and who appreciate the benefits of community. No age or other restrictions on home owners or investors is envisaged. Families, couples, sharers, co-housing groups, organisations and single people are all welcome.